HoloLens 2 offers intuitive hand gestures that allow users to interact with holographic content and navigate the mixed reality environment. These gestures provide a natural and immersive way to manipulate holograms and perform actions.
Here are some of the key hand gestures supported by HoloLens 2:
- Air Tap Gesture: The air tap gesture is performed by extending your index finger and making a tapping motion in the air. This gesture is used for selecting and interacting with holograms, activating buttons, or confirming actions. It simulates the action of clicking or pressing on virtual objects.
- Bloom Gesture: The bloom gesture is executed by opening and spreading your hand with all fingers extended, similar to a flower blooming. This gesture is used for accessing the Start menu, which provides access to various apps and settings. Performing the bloom gesture brings up the Start menu or dismisses it when already visible.
- Pinch Gesture: The pinch gesture involves bringing your thumb and index finger together, imitating a pinch motion. This gesture is used for resizing, scaling, or rotating holograms. By using the pinch gesture, you can manipulate virtual objects as if you were physically holding and modifying them.
- Drag Gesture: The drag gesture is performed by extending your hand with your fingers slightly apart and then moving your hand in the desired direction. This gesture is used for dragging and moving holograms in the mixed reality environment. It allows you to reposition virtual objects to a different location.
- Scroll Gesture: The scroll gesture involves holding up two fingers and moving them vertically or horizontally. This gesture is used for scrolling through menus, lists, or other content within apps. It simulates the action of scrolling with a touchpad or a mouse wheel.
It’s important to note that HoloLens 2 also supports voice commands and eye-tracking, which further enhance the user’s interaction capabilities. These gestures provide an intuitive and immersive way to navigate, select, and manipulate holographic content, allowing users to engage with the mixed reality environment in a natural and intuitive manner.